Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Cat guard

Today at lunch I stopped by the hardware/lumber store near work and picked up some chicken wire for a temporary, cheap fence to keep the cats out of the garden plot.

I need to figure out either how to make a nicer fence out of the chicken wire or another solution to keep the cats away.

But now I can start planting without worrying about the cats. So far I have one tomato plant, which I transplanted last Thursday evening (3/9). You can barely see it in the far corner.

The Sunshine Blue blueberry bush I bought at the Farmer's Market on Saturday is visible in the lower left of the picture. I need to decide where and how to plant it.

Also, today the crew came by and dug the stump down and cut around the main roots. Then they filled in the hole with the dirt I had dug out of the garden area. Hopefully, the stump will just rot away under the soil.

No comments: